Several of the projects Erin Brethauer and I did for the San Francisco Chronicle placed in Photographer of the Year International (POYi) and NPPA's Best of Photojournalism (BOP) contests. It's so important for newspapers to put resources and trust into long form projects, and we were lucky enough to have that at the Chronicle. We've both moved on to freelance careers since, but are honored that our work was recognized. Here is a list of the awards:
Photographer of the Year International
- Documentary Project of the Year - Judges Special Recognition for "Last Men Standing"
- Documentary Journalism - Award of Excellence for "Last Men Standing"
- Multimedia Feature Story - Award of Excellence for "Last Men Standing: Harry
NPPA's Best of Photojournalism
- Visual Column, Recurring Series or Blog - First Place for "The Regulars"
- Multimedia Portfolio Large Market (Individual) - Third Place
- Multimedia Portfolio Large Market (Team) - Third Place